Panagiota Kalantzis Partner
Education and Bar Admission
Québec Bar 1998
License of Civil Law LL.L., University of Ottawa
Baccalaureate of Common Law, LL.B., University of Ottawa
Master of Law, Thesis on Alternative Dispute Resolution, University of Ottawa
Panagiota Kalantzis's practice revolves around insurance, civil and commercial litigation. She has gained extensive experience in representing the interests of Canadian and American Insurers. In the general liability and insurance areas, she defends the interests of the insured in matters of civil liability, product liability, construction latent defect and bodily injury claims. She also handles coverage litigation pertaining to professional liability, commercial and Director and Officer policies.
Panagiota has furthermore developed a particular expertise in Director and Officer claims and professional liability claims spanning various professionals. In this context, she has acquired wide litigation experience in representing Real Estate Brokers.
Where appropriate, Panagiota has successfully assisted her clients in resolving litigation disputes with alternative dispute resolution techniques.
- Member of the Canadian Bar Association
- Member of the Board of Directors and first Vice-President of the Canadian Association of Insurance Women
- Member of the Board and Director of the Montreal Association of Insurance Women
- Speaker for a variety of established organisations, notably Yvon Blais and Canadian Institute
- Ottawa Law Review
- Journal of Canadian Bar Association
- Montreal Association of Insurance Women Bulletin
- Thomson Reuters
- Collections Yvon Blais